mass shooting after NBA final

Denver Police Department investigators work the scene of a mass shooting along Market Street between 20th and 21st avenues during a celebration after the Denver Nuggets won the team's first NBA Championship early Tuesday, June 13, 2023, in Denver. Photo by AP Photo/David Zalubowski

The shooting took place in close proximity to Ball Arena, which is approximately a mile away from where the Denver Nuggets emerged victorious over the Miami Heat in the NBA Finals.

DENVER, Colorado– Early Tuesday, a mass shooting occurred in Denver, resulting in nine individuals sustaining injuries.

The incident took place in an area where basketball fans had been celebrating the Denver Nuggets’ first NBA title win.

See Also: 30 Years old class ring reunited with True Owner after “being Hidden”

A wounded suspect was apprehended by the police. Authorities believe that multiple gunshots were fired during a dispute involving several individuals.

The incident unfolded approximately a mile away from Ball Arena, where the Denver Nuggets had triumphed over the Miami Heat on Monday night.

The shooting occurred at approximately 12:30 a.m., around 3 1/2 hours after the game had concluded, according to a statement from the Denver Police Department.

Among the injured, three individuals were in critical condition.

The suspect, identified as a man, was among the seven people who sustained non-life-threatening injuries.

The investigation is ongoing regarding the events leading up to the altercation that resulted in the gunfire, as stated by police spokesperson Doug Schepman.

The incident took place in the area where a large gathering of people had been celebrating throughout the night.

The scene of the shooting was cordoned off with yellow police tape overnight Tuesday, and investigators meticulously examined the area.

Evidence markers and remnants from the celebrations, such as an e-scooter and a green rental bike, could be seen scattered throughout the location.

According to the police spokesperson, Doug Schepman, there was a small crowd present in the area at the time of the shooting, but it had significantly reduced by that point.

He mentioned that the shooting took place in an area where many individuals might have left bars after the game, suggesting a potential connection.

The police were actively interviewing witnesses, and Schepman characterized the ongoing investigation as “expansive,” indicating the thoroughness of their efforts.

Eight individuals were admitted to Denver Health Medical Center for treatment, as reported by spokesperson Heather Burke.

Among them, one person was in critical condition, one in fair condition, and six in good condition.

For inquiries about the two additional wounded individuals, it is advised to contact the police for further information.